About the Book
"The Mission Call to Motherhood" is a collection of personal, faith-promoting stories and experiences written by mothers, reinforcing the idea that motherhood is an important and sacred mission. The goal of the book is to inspire confidence and joy in mothers, and to give practical ideas for Christlike mothering during three mothering stages: mothers with young children, mothers with teenagers, and mothers with adult children. While the book is intended primarily for a Christian Latter-day Saint audience, contributors need not be LDS.
We Need You
Thank you for your interest in contributing to "The Mission Call to Motherhood." Without your willingness to share your personal experiences, this publication would not be possible. We care deeply about sharing stories of hope and joy with mothers throughout the world and we need your voice to make that possible. Thank you!
All submissions and questions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Writers' Guidelines below before submitting.
Mission Call to Motherhood Writers' Guidelines
- "The Mission Call to Motherhood" accepts unsolicited manuscripts from mothers of all ages and faith backgrounds.
- We only accept original work.
- We ask that submissions be previously unpublished, personal stories and experiences between 300 and 1,200 words.
- Please send your submission as a Microsoft Word document or its equivalent so we can make edits as needed. We will not publish any of your edited material without your permission.
- Include your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number(s) on the manuscript.
- Each submission should answer one of the below prompts, the number (and letter if applicable) of which should be indicated just before the manuscript's title. Word count should also be indicated beneath the title.
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee publication. Authors whose submissions are selected for inclusion in the book will be notified. There is no limit to the number of submissions one person can submit.
Submissions should answer one of the following prompts: